Out With The Old - Let’s Spring Clean!
When is it time to say goodbye to non-warm and fuzzy pieces?
The winter clothes have been packed away and put into storage and the warmer weather clothes have started to make a debut. You may be realizing that you are not in love with your old summer clothing collection as you once were. It is Spring cleaning time!!! It is time to weed out the bad ones. The clothing pieces that are not giving you warm fuzzies when you think about wearing them on.
For me, Summer clothing needs to be comfortable, breathable, and of course stylish. You know, actually I love all my clothes to be comfortable and stylish.
This year for me has been particularly difficult. When I look at my summer clothes, I don’t have many warm fuzzies at all. My style has changed over the years. I used to be a flowy silhouette kind of girl. Now I like my pieces a little more structured. So I feel like this summer may be a little bit of a challenge for me.
Back in January I did a closet clean out. Well, at least I tossed some of my unwanted Fall and Winter clothing. So, recently in the last month I decided to look at my warmer weather clothes. I found a lot of summer dresses that were too flowy and decided to donate them to Goodwill. I also had gained some weight over the year and things did not fit as nicely as they did the previous year, so I decided to donate those too.
When it comes to closet clean out it is important to ONLY keep things that you love.
Tips to weeding out the old:
- Make 4 piles. KEEP, MAYBE, TOSS, DONATE
- Start with the items that you know won’t wear and put them in either the TOSS or DONATE pile.
- Look at your MAYBE pile and figure out why the item is a MAYBE. Will you wear it? Does it still make you happy? Do you need to lose 5lbs to make it fit? Evaluate from this point.
- Your KEEP pile should only be items that make you happy and feel good. These pieces are items you probably wear often and are your Go-To favs.
Where to donate your unwanted clothing?
- Salvation Army
- Village Thrift
- Local Small Business Thrift Shops
- Churches that accept items
- Consignment Shops: Are your clothes trendy and in great condition? Consider consignment, you could make a little extra money.
Stay tuned to see our next post on Summer favorites!